Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On the Road Again...

This little family has been quite busy lately, and the craziness has just begun. We traveled to Kansas last weekend for a family reunion with my grandma's family. There were over 90 people there, which is a great turnout! It was fun to see family that I haven't been with in a while. Kaylee had fun making friends with her (extended) cousins.
`
After returning home on Sunday, we were fortunate enough to have Chris's aunt, uncle, and cousin from Arizona stay with us on Monday night. They flew home early Tuesday morning out of Omaha. It was great having them with us!
`
And it continues... this weekend we're having a good, old-fashioned garage-raising in Iowa. Chris's parents are building a new garage, and we're going up to help. (I say "we," but I really mean Chris.) It will be great to see everyone - including cousin Ally, who just got her tonsils taken out.
`
We will return on Sunday and be home just long enough to repack for the girls and I to go back to Kansas to see my sister. She's going to be in town for a few days, and we haven't seen her since February. The girls are looking foward to seeing their Aunt Marla!
`
You think it must be time to relax at this point, but oh no. The weekend after that, we're headed up to South Dakota to hang out with Chris's cousin, Matt, who just graduated from boot camp. We're looking forward to seeing the fam and Mitch & Linda's new house!
`
Is anybody else exhausted, or is it just me? Oh, and if anyone wants to contribute to our gas fund, let me know.
`

Kaylee and Lauryn with Chris's cousin, Nicole, while they were here.

2 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

Okay Lauryn is starting to look A LOT like my baby pictures - Sorry Lauryn! I feel your pain and we have barely left IC but feel like we are always on the go go go! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Kim said...

Gas fund? Probably not. Hearing about the adventures? Absolutely. Good luck and have fun!