Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Fabulous Fours (I hope!)

It's cliche, really, when parents say things like "Where does the time go?" and "It seems like just yesterday..." I always thought those were the lamest things to say when talking about your kids until I had some of my own. Seriously, where does the time go? Our first little bundle of joy turns 4 today. Kaylee is so much fun. She loves her daddy, mommy, and little sister, and she is learning to love Jesus. We thank God that he chose us to be her parents. She brings us a lot of joy.
She got a bicycle for her birthday, along with a helmet and knee/elbow pads. She put them on first thing when she got up. I think her first attempt out in the street went pretty well. We need to work on how to use the brakes.
Happy birthday, Kaylee! We love you so much and are enjoying watching you grow up from a "little kid" to a "big girl!"

6 comments:

No Reimer Reason said...

Happy Birthday Big Girl! Our daughter just turned 4 last month. I cannot believe it either. She starts preschool this summer which I am both happy and sad about. They truly do grow up too fast.

Julie said...

Um, um, um, has anyone told you how OLD she looks on that bike? i'm sitting here crying b/c your kid is growing up too fast..I can't even think about how in less than 2 years my "baby" will be there too.

Happy late Birthday Kaylee. I love you lots (and so does Avery!)

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Happy belated Birthday Kaylee!! Looks like you had a great time celebrating!!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday Big Girl!

Jenny said...

how sweet! happy bday! I love the cake, and my boys would too! um, she needs just a little more pink clothes in the last pic...hee hee. i'm just jealous cause I"ll never get to dress my kids in pink!