Monday, June 23, 2008

The Mondays

Am I the only mother in this world brave enough to take two small children, ages 3 and 9 months, to two different grocery stores by myself at nap time? Seeing it in print makes it seem like a far worse idea now than it did at the time ("the time" being mere hours ago). The conversation went something like this:
`
Kaylee: Mommy, can I help?
Me: Sure.
K: I got the mushrooms for you, Mommy.
M: Thanks. Put them in the cart, please.
K: OK. I poked a hole in them for you.
M: Great. Climb on the cart and don't get down for a little while.
`
She did as she was told, and the next event happened without conversation. Let's just say my loaf of whole wheat bread has a large divot right in the middle. Sheesh.

4 comments:

David and Marianne said...

It's amazing the things we try to accomplish at the WORST possible times as moms : ) Done it SO MANY times... will I ever learn?!?

Christi said...

What is the deal with poking holes? Josiah does that to everything, toilet paper, paper towels, bread, any kind of meat...Geez it drives me batty. Nice to know my kids not the only one! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better LUke likes to eat the cheese inside the package while I'm shopping. So I don't realize it until I am putting things away and then I see that I have bought nasty,spitty, half eaten cheese. YUCK! Gotta love kids!

Brenda Rae said...

hey look on the bright side - Lauryn could have been screaming. And let me remind you that I love that Kaylee is part of the family to help make my kids normal!