Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time to Stimulate the Economy

Thank you, Uncle Sam, for the economic stimulus check. I'm appreciative of the extra cash and all, but does anyone out there hear me on this?
`
Before actually getting our check, we received two separate letters in the mail telling us that we might be receiving a check. Does the US government really need to spend $.84 per taxpayer telling us we MIGHT get a check? Just send the check, then I'll know whether I'm getting one or not.
`
And where exactly did all this stimulus money come from? It's not like the government has a surplus or anything, according to my calculations. I suppose it's my money anyway, from all the taxes paid in over the years. But maybe I'd rather have them save mine for when I need some Social Security in about 40 years. Oh wait. That's crazy talk, I say. I guess we'll just take our share now and go get a new TV or something.

3 comments:

Christi said...

AMEN!

Julie said...

At least yours is stimulating the american government. Thank you Uncle Sam for the contribution you have given us to stimulate the economies of Jamaica, Cayman Island and Mexico. Is Carnival a US company, I suppose they'll get a chunk too. Thats good.

Hope to watch some NASCAR on your new TV soon.

Peggy Marshall said...

Hi Amy,
Love your blog. I don't keep up with mine very well.
Glad to hear you and Katy have finally gotten together.