Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Livin' on the Edge

I did it. I tanned on Monday night, and after only 6 minutes in a Level 1 bed, I got burned. Not badly, but enough to make me cringe a little. To be perfectly fair, the burned parts are those that never see the light of day and most likely never will. I believe I mentioned before that I was a little nervous about closing myself into the coffin-like tanning bed. Julie told me that her biggest fear while tanning was that there would be a tornado while she was in there, and she would have to evacuate the building completely naked. Huh. I never thought of that... Lisa told me that her fear is that some dirty old man has a secret peep hole into the room and watches her undress. Huh. I never thought of that either... I guess all I had thought of was some crazed man breaking through the locked door and stabbing me to death while I lay oblivious in my loud, heated cocoon. And as if that weren't enough, check out the article Kim sent me. Don't worry, Marla, I have every intention of going back. I like life on the edge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the article had to be from South Carolina of all places huh?!?

Latcham said...

Oh you can think of plenty of things while your lying there for 20 minutes. In brooklyn everybody tanned at the flower shop and the doors weren't always the length of the doorway so there was a 5 inch gap at the bottom. She had a cat and i guess it went into the rooms while people were tanning. I always kept my underware hanging up somewhere in fear they would go missing.

Kim said...

My worst fear was always infectious disease. *shivers*

Anonymous said...

Amy ... I'm having a hard time visualizig this .... would you mind sending a picture?

Just kidding ... I'm sure you're beautiful!

Laura

amy said...

huh-larious! i rarely tan (usually only before going on vacay... you know... to get that ever illusive "base tan"!) i am always slightly afraid of the "peep hole" or the "hidden camera". i've never thought about a tanning bed catching on fire while I laid on it. sweet, one more thing to worry about!! but dang, i do love the warm almost nap i get while i lay there for 15 minutes!