Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm all about the Ford F-150 right now...

We are pleased to introduce the newest addition to the family - the pool. The girls and I trudged across town, visiting our second Wal-Mart of the day, in search of this little gem. Thankfully, the 2nd store had it, but our spirits were crushed when we discovered we couldn't fit it in the van to bring it home. Kaylee cried. I considered following suit. Seriously, it was hot that day. Super crazy hot. I resigned myself to helping the Wal-Mart employee carry it back inside to be picked up at a later time with our truck. Then, out of nowhere, an angel in an F-150 came up beside us and offered to drive it to our house - across town, mind you. She had been waiting in front of me in line with her 2 kids to pay for the exact same pool as I was getting. We are indebted to this woman, whose name we don't even know. She would only let me compensate her long drive with popsicles, God bless her. Thanks to her, my kids didn't melt into small puddles.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

The same thing happened to me. Went to Menards with all three girls, bought the pool, and realized it wouldn't fit in my van. Thankfully I was able to call Jeremy's dad to come in his truck to pick it up. And yes, it was a hot day then too.

Christi said...

wow, there are nice people still left in the world!

Julie said...

Awesome story! I like this pool too and if I go to walmart to get it, I will for sure take our own F150!!!! One time there were some people trying to fit a HUGE computer into their taurus and there was no way it was going. I had my explorer so I loaded it up and took it home for them. It wasn't out of my way though. I'm glad the angel came along!

Brenda Rae said...

oh so awesome - i can't wait to swim with tm in a couple wks!!!

Anonymous said...

I Love It !!! The girls are sooooo cute !!!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You know you're getting "old" when your Little Tikes swimming pool has been turned over to the dogs in the hot desert. It's amazing that it has survived the heat, two kids and two big dogs!

have fun ... good memories ...

love from Arizona ... :-)

Tawnya said...

This is incredible! I can't believe there are still strangers like this! Thanks for sharing:)