Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Memorials

I don't normally post twice in one day, but today warrants an exception. Chris and I went to Westroads Mall on Monday night to do some Christmas shopping. We took a minute to look at the makeshift memorials that have been left, showing support for the victims of the last week's shooting. These pictures don't really do justice to the magnitude of the memorials.

I know this picture is small, but it was taken on the night Chris and I were there. In fact, you can see Chris in the actual news broadcast from that night. This is the south entrance to Von Maur, where the shooter entered the building. The entire stairway is covered in pictures, statues, cards, and other items people have left. The doors are also covered in paper snowflakes, signs, and pictures.

This is what the doors to Von Maur inside the building look like right now, on both floors. They are covered in paper snowflakes with handwritten messages on them. You can make them right there in the hallway. We left one. I know it doesn't do anything, but it made me feel just a little bit better.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I dont know what station Chris was on...but was he wearing a big camo looking coat?????

Thank you for leaving a snowflake...I think that is a simple yet very meaningful way to show that you were affected and that you care...

Julie said...

ok nevermind, i rewatched it...and i did see him but you are right...ya gotta be looking!