Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This thing sucks...literally

It is a known fact among our Omaha friends that we have the crappiest vacuum sweeper in existence. It was not that way when we bought it, but six years of sucking up sand, hair, rocks, cracker bits, and numerous other crumby substances has taken its toll. About every two months, the belt would break right in the middle of vacuuming, meaning someone had to go to Sears real quick and get some new ones. That got old really fast. Well, on Saturday night, the constant trips to Sears for belts ended right where they had begun. Here it is, folks, the Kenmore Progressive Inteli-Clean. It's the #1 Consumer Report pick, I might add. And guess what - it's beltless! Oh, Mr. Salesman, say no more. I'm sold. We got it out Sunday night, and Chris wanted to do a side-by-side comparison with our old Kenmore. Sounded like fun to me. We turned the old one on and gasped in shock... the belt was broken.
`

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh this cracks me up. Did Chris have to stand up on the wall to get this shot? Classic! :)

Congrats on the new purchase.

Christi said...

You are too funny. Congrats on the new vacuum, I feel like I should send you a card or something.

Anonymous said...

We saw Chris at Sears when the vacuum. Did he tell you that he knocked over a stack of power drills of something of the like? Terry and I were standing by the cashier in the hardware department.

Anonymous said...

You guys are pretty entertaining during my lunch ... at least when I get a lunch. Nice pic Chris John ... see you guys soon! :-)

Brenda Rae said...

we bought one within the last couple months and it is nice to have clean floors without smoke coming out of the vacuum!

Kim said...

That is the best cleaning picture EVAH! So glad to hear that Consumer Reports is stearing you right.

Jenny said...

ok so you are hilarious!! did you get all kinds of disgusting stuff out of your carpet with the new one? we got a new one (since my sucking up vomit...yes i admit it...vomit, with the last one kind of did her in) and when I went to clean it out it looked as though i had sucked up a couple of kitten's worth of carpet fur and many other nasty things....
Each time now before I use the new one, ERic makes me solemnly swear not to suck up any bodily fluids. hee hee