Friday, February 1, 2008

And now for the not-so-good news...

I pretty much knew this day would come again, but I was hoping for the best. Kaylee started running a fever on Tuesday night and wasn't feeling good. She got up Wednesday night at 2:30am (technically Thursday morning) and told me she had a bee in her ear. That is not a good sign. When she got up Thursday morning, I cleaned it out with a Q-tip and, no kidding, it looked like green snot coming out of her right ear - the one with the tube still in it. Needless to say, we saw the ear doctor that morning. The left ear was infected too (that's the one that the tube fell out of in October). We're scheduled to go in on February 19th for a 2nd set of tubes. We have to wait to make sure this ear infection and the cough go away before the surgery. This time she's having her adenoids out too. The doctor thinks they are enlarged and blocking the opening to the eustacian tube. That would be why fluid doesn't drain properly and just builds up behind her ear drum. Say a prayer for her if you think of it. I'll post an update when we have more details.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ahhh girl I am sorry to hear this :( Poor little girl. I'll be praying for all of you as you get ready for this big day!!!!!! Miss you.

Christi said...

Not what I wanted to see today:( I am sorry, that is rough for sure! Talk to you soon...love ya