Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Here's what I was doing two years ago today...
That's my sister, Marla, then Christi, Julie, me, and Jenny enjoying ourselves at Julie's wedding. It was beautiful, and we had so much fun just hanging out. I remember it like it was yesterday. Happy 2nd anniversary, Julie!

It is still hard to think about that wonderful day without thinking of the next day, April 23, 2006.

That is the day my friend, Ian Anderson, went home to be with Jesus. He was killed in a car accident on the way home from the wedding. I will never forget the phone call I received that day bearing the awful news. I will never forget that feeling in the pit of my stomach that is still there today as I think back. But there are other things I will never forget too, like the way Ian always made everyone laugh. He was one of the funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure to know. I will never forget his love for video games, rap music, and most of all his family. I am so proud of his wife, Christi. Her strength comes only from God, and she is on a road of healing that has led her to newfound joy. You can read about her journey here.

Today I am thankful for Julie's wedding and the time that we got to spend together as friends, enjoying each other, yet not knowing the pain that the next day would bring.

No comments: