Wednesday, February 13, 2008

10 Things I Have Done Since My Last Post

1. made an incredibly long trip to Kansas with a 4-month old who is turning out to be a terrible traveler (good thing she's cute)
`
2. helped a pack-rat who quite possibly owns more stuff than all four of us combined move out of her house (I still love ya, sis)
`
3. watched the NASCAR All-Star Race with some of my closest friends and our combined 5 children (I would describe it as NASCAR meets daycare with more emphasis on the daycare)
`
4. made an incredibly long trip back to Omaha with aforementioned terrible-traveling baby
`
5. had supper with my old friend Courtney and her fiance, John (chicken crispers from Chili's... mmm, mmm good)
`
6. helped my sister-in-law, Rachel, register for more gifts for her upcoming wedding (I say that every 10 years you should get to register for new gifts... what do you guys think?)
`
7. was awakened at 3:30am to "Mommy, I have to go potty." (hallelujah, she's potty-trained, folks)
`
8. went to the grocery store with both kids and no help (not recommended)
`
9. talked on the phone for an hour with my good friend, Christi, who I don't talk to nearly enough (Christi, I forgot to tell you that when Kaylee prayed for breakfast this morning she, out of the blue, thanked God for you and Josiah. You always knew she was your favorite, right? :)
`
10. ate a bowl of cookies 'n cream ice cream in an attempt to drown the memories of the trip to the grocery store with both kids and no help (the ice cream I recommend, but still not the grocery store trip)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Amy I must say this is my favorite post to date. It was so great to see you this weekend. Thank you for not mentioning that my kid doesn't listen to me AT ALL in the "nascar/daycare" bit. :)

Love you!

Jenny said...

That is a very good explanation of Saturday night...sorry my kid wounded yours!! What a poop! We had a great time and I have done the two kid, no help grocery store thing,and it could be a major contributor to psychiatrist visits in the U.S.
Good to see you!!!!!

Brenda Rae said...

thanks for the giggle! The grocery store trip only works for us with a cup of chicken bits from the front of the store. I promised my self 10 years ago I wouldn't do it, but it has saved my sanity in a couple grocery store trips!

Anonymous said...

You're my hero Amy! Congrats on the potty-training milestone! Impressive that she even woke up in the middle of the night to go...ya done good! :)

Julie said...

ok its been like a week since your last post. time to do it again.

Christi said...

Favorite....awww that is a good word. I love you so much! Great post!